AMC Clinical Examination
AMC Clinical Examination
The telephone contact hours for enquiries related to assessments are open Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm. Alternatively, you can direct your email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
The AMC Clinical Examination is an integrated multidisciplinary structured clinical assessment consisting of a 16-component multistation assessment. It assesses clinical skills in medicine, surgery, obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics and psychiatry. It also assesses ability to communicate with patients, their families and other health workers.
If you have passed the AMC MCQ Examination, you are eligible to apply for the AMC Clinical Examination.
The dates for the Clinical examinations are found on this website, please click here. There are specified examination dates and defined closing dates. All final dates are subject to change. In the case of any changes to examination dates, the AMC will notify candidates well in advance in order for candidates to be able to apply for alternative dates.
Clinical examinations are now held at the Australian Medical Council’s Vernon C Marshall National Test Centre (NTC) in Melbourne. Outside of the NTC, the AMC will continue to hold Clinical examinations in the Perth and Townsville hospital venues.
Clinical examinations are held on both weekdays and Saturdays throughout the year. This allows candidates with religious convictions to schedule in either a weekday or weekend examination.
You may only apply for one Clinical examination at a time. If you have been scheduled for a Clinical examination, you may not re-apply for another Clinical examination until you have received your results from the scheduled examination.
AMC Clinical Examinations August – November 2017
Dates for the AMC Clinical examinations August – November 2017 will be available for viewing from the 31 March 2017 on the AMC website. Scheduling for these examinations will be available from the 31 May 2017.
Where the demand for clinical examination places exceeds the number of available places, the scheduling for the remaining 2017 series clinical examinations will be based on the below ranking system:
- Based on the numbers of candidates who applied for previous clinical examinations and pass rates at those examinations, not less than 50% of available clinical examinations places in 2017 will be allocated to first attempt candidates.
- First attempt candidates:
- Candidates will be ranked in merit order based on their overall score in the MCQ.
- Consideration is taken into account of the scheduling of first attempt candidates from the time they sat and qualified at the MCQ examination. (The AMC will endeavour to place candidates in a clinical examination within 6 to 12 months of qualifying at the MCQ examination, where places are available.)
- Repeat attempt candidates (candidates who have had one or more attempts at the AMC clinical examination):
- Candidates with fewer repeat attempts will have priority over candidates with a higher number of repeat attempts.
- Candidates within each repeat cohort will be ranked in merit order based on their overall score in the MCQ.
In order to schedule for these examinations, please log on to your AMC Candidate Portal and follow the instructions below:
- Click on the 'Clinical examinations' button.
- Complete the form and select up to five preferences where available.
- Click on 'Submit Preferences'.
The timeline of the next scheduling of Clinical examinations is shown below.
|AUGUST – NOVEMBER CLINICAL EXAMINATION SCHEDULING|
|Application open date||
31 May 2017
Candidates can submit their application form anytime during this period.
Candidates must log onto their AMC Candidate portal to access the online form and select up to 5 exam date preferences.
|Application closing date||
7 June 2017
|Scheduling of candidates into examination placements||8 June – 14 June 2017||The Clinical team will schedule candidates accordingly to the Clinical scheduling criteria.|
|Email notification to candidates to confirm examination placement||15 June 2017||This email will confirm the examination date and venue which candidates have been placed and confirm the next step for making the examination fee payment.|
|Payment period||16 June – 28 June 2017||Candidates must log into their AMC Candidate portal in order to make payment. All payment must be made by the 28 June 2017, any payment not made by this date will forfeit the candidate examination placement.|
Should you have any enquiries related to these clinical examinations, please call (02) 6270 7878. The lines are open Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm. Alternatively, you can direct your email enquiries to email@example.com