AMC Clinical Examination
AMC Clinical Examination
The telephone contact hours for enquiries related to assessments are open Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm. Alternatively, you can direct your email enquiries to email@example.com
The AMC Clinical Examination is an integrated multidisciplinary structured clinical assessment consisting of a 16-component multistation assessment. It assesses clinical skills in medicine, surgery, obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics and psychiatry. It also assesses ability to communicate with patients, their families and other health workers.
If you have passed the AMC MCQ Examination, you are eligible to apply for the AMC Clinical Examination.
The dates for the Clinical examinations are found on this website, please click here. There are specified examination dates and defined closing dates. All final dates are subject to change. In the case of any changes to examination dates, the AMC will notify candidates well in advance in order for candidates to be able to apply for alternative dates.
Clinical examinations are now held at the Australian Medical Council’s Vernon C Marshall National Test Centre (NTC) in Melbourne.
Clinical examinations are held on both weekdays and Saturdays throughout the year. This allows candidates with religious convictions to schedule in either a weekday or weekend examination.
You may only apply for one Clinical examination at a time. If you have been scheduled for a Clinical examination, you may not re-apply for another Clinical examination until you have received your results from the scheduled examination.
AMC Clinical Examinations August -December 2018
Dates for the AMC Clinical examinations August - December 2018 will be available for viewing from 2 April 2018 on the AMC website. Scheduling for these examinations will be available from the 29 May 2018.
Where the demand for clinical examination places exceeds the number of available places, the scheduling for the August - December 2018 clinical examinations will be based on the below ranking system:
- Based on the numbers of candidates who applied for previous clinical examinations and pass rates at those examinations, not less than 50% of available clinical examinations places in 2018 will be allocated to first attempt candidates.
- First attempt candidates:
- Candidates will be ranked in merit order based on their overall score in the MCQ.
- Consideration is taken into account of the scheduling of first attempt candidates from the time they sat and qualified at the MCQ examination. (The AMC will endeavour to place candidates in a clinical examination within 6 to 12 months of qualifying at the MCQ examination, where places are available).
- Repeat attempt candidates (candidates who have had one or more attempts at the AMC clinical examination):
- Candidates with fewer repeat attempts will have priority over candidates with a higher number of repeat attempts.
- Candidates within each repeat cohort will be ranked in merit order based on their overall score in the MCQ.
In order to schedule for these examinations, please log on to your AMC Candidate Portal and follow the instructions below:
- Click on the 'Clinical examinations' button.
- Complete the form and select up to five preferences where available.
- Click on 'Submit Preferences'.
Applications close at 5pm AEST on 5 June 2018 and only one application can be submitted per candidate. Once this has been submitted, no changes can be made.
The timeline of the next scheduling of Clinical examinations is shown below.
|AUGUST - DECEMBER 2018 CLINICAL EXAMINATION SCHEDULING|
|Application open date||
29 May 2018
Candidates can submit their application form anytime during this period.
Candidates must log onto their AMC Candidate portal to access the online form and select up to 5 exam date preferences.
|Application closing date||
5 June 2018
|Scheduling of candidates into examination placements||
6 June -
13 June 2018
|The Clinical team will schedule candidates accordingly to the Clinical scheduling criteria.|
|Email notification to candidates to confirm examination placement||14 June 2018||This email will confirm the examination date and venue which candidates have been placed and confirm the next step for making the examination fee payment.|
|Payment period||15 - 28 June 2018 (11:59pm AEST)||Candidates must log into their AMC Candidate portal in order to make payment. All payment must be made by the 28 June 2018 (11:59pm AEST), any payment not made by this date will forfeit the candidate examination placement.|
Should you have any enquiries related to these clinical examinations, please call (02) 6270 7878. The lines are open Monday to Friday from 10am to 4pm. Alternatively, you can direct your email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org