Clinical Examination Dates
Clinical examination dates will be released monthly due to a significant number of candidates not accepting positions, or withdrawing from exams. The AMC is continually reviewing the scheduling policy with an aim to –
- Increase the notification period of available examination dates. Notification of future examination dates are only published when the currently open examination dates have been completely scheduled by candidates. Dates are therefore currently made available to help meet candidate demand.
- Ensure a system that is fair to all candidates. Particularly, candidates who have committed to examination dates and are subsequently impacted by other candidates cancelling.
Scheduling process –
The Clinical Examination scheduling process includes –
- Once an examination is open for scheduling, candidates will be able to log into their candidate portal and directly apply for their preferred examination date. Candidates will be able to choose from either the morning or afternoon session.
- Payment of the examination fee is ONLY accepted by credit card. There will be a 15 minute time frame to complete payment for the examination, once this has lapsed, the placement will be released to the next candidate.
- Once payment has been successfully processed, a placement letter and receipt confirming candidate examination details will be available immediately to download from the candidate portal.
Once the examination placements have been filled, the AMC will compile a cancellation list. To be put on this list, candidates must email us via our Contact Form (please note telephone requests will not be accepted). In the event that a candidate is unable to proceed with their examination, candidates on the cancellation list will be contacted to fill the available position. The cancellation list does not guarantee an examination placement and is only valid for the month that is open for scheduling.
Once you have been scheduled in the Clinical examination and then subsequently withdraw, there will be no refund – except in an exceptional circumstance as determined by the AMC Chief Executive Officer or nominee. To withdraw, a candidate must submit a Withdrawal Form, which can be found here.
Please note scheduling is on a first come first serve basis as candidates apply through their candidate portal.
If you require assistance or have questions regarding the scheduling process, please use our Contact Form or, call the direct candidate line on 02 6270 7878 (Monday – Friday 10:00am – 4:00pm).
Important note: Clinical examination dates are subject to change or cancellation.