Why join the AMC?
The AMC’s purpose is to ensure that standards of education, training and assessment of the medical profession protect and promote the health of the Australian Community. The AMC successfully performs this role through its team of highly skilled, professional and committed staff. There are opportunities to contribute your own skills and knowledge to the ongoing development of a high performing organisation.
The AMC aims to create a culture that values, promotes and benefits from diversity. The AMC recognises that it has a diverse workforce and is committed to ensuring that its people policies and practices are transparent and equitable. Workplace diversity involves recognising the value of individual differences in the workplace.
Diversity and inclusion sit at the heart of AMC’s values and are central to its objective of becoming an employer of choice.
The AMC recognises that to achieve its objective as an employer of choice it must continue to review its people policies and practices and develop resources to implement better practice approaches to accommodate the needs of its diverse workforce.
Our staff value the:
- purpose of the AMC and the contribution it makes to the community
- AMC values
- nature of the work and the commitment to working at a high standard
- variety and opportunity that individuals experience during their time at the AMC (including opportunity for promotion)
- commitment to making the AMC a caring and family friendly environment
- people that work at the AMC
- capacity to contribute to work teams that are working to support high quality medical training and education
- commitment to diversity and social inclusion.
Benefits of working with the AMC include:
- contribute to the quality of medical education and healthcare in Australia
- work with national and international medical education experts and health stakeholders
- work in a dynamic environment with high performing teams
- work in an industry which values learning and innovation
- access to training and development opportunities
- salary packaging option available
- flexible work arrangements
- annual CPI increase
- 36.75 hour working week, with flexible starting and finishing times
- family friendly work environment
- a social club to foster interaction between staff
- paid parental leave
- a spacious, open work place with free parking for Canberra-based staff
- employee assistance program for staff and their immediate family members.
Manager, Medical School Assessments
The AMC’s Accreditation team is offering A fantastic management role for a self-starter, ideally with experience in the higher education, health profession education or accreditation sectors.
The full position description is available here.
To apply for the role please submit a covering letter outlining your interest in, and suitability for, the job, and your CV via Seek.
For additional information please call HR on 02 6270 9708.