Clinical examination scheduling process
Candidates are scheduled into a particular centre immediately after the closing date of each series. You will be notified of whether you have been successful in gaining a clinical position approximately 20 working days after the closing date for the series to which you applied.
The AMC cannot guarantee to place applicants in their preferred centre, although it will endeavour to do so wherever possible.
There have been significant changes to process the scheduling of clinical examinations. The AMC has increased the number of clinical examinations within a series to accommodate the considerable amount of candidates awaiting placement, which has significantly decreased the waiting time for candidates to sit the clinical examination.
The waiting time for positions offered has been reduced to approximately 11 months, from:
This is a six-month decrease in waiting time as compared to the last series of clinical examinations.
- the time from sitting the MCQ exam to sitting the clinical exam
- the time between multiple attempts at a clinical exam
The number of candidate applications received for Series 1 2013/2014 has exceeded the number of examination placements available, AMC has applied the scheduling priorities as outlined below:
Clinical first attempt candidates
- will have priority over repeat attempt candidates
- with a longer wait time between passing the MCQ examination and attempting the clinical examination will have priority over those with a shorter wait time. Candidates who have been waiting for longer than 11 months have been offered positions and candidates who have been waiting longer than six months have been offered waiting list positions.
Clinical repeat attempt candidates, in general
- with fewer clinical repeat attempts will have priority over candidates with a higher number of clinical repeat attempts, subject to the wait time between attempts
- with a longer wait time between attempts of the clinical examination will have priority over those with a shorter wait time.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 21 May 2013 09:17