MCQ Trial Examination
The MCQ Trial Examination includes a selection of 50 multiple-choice questions from the Handbook of Multiple Choice Questions. The standard of the examination is set at the level of a graduating Australian medical student.
The AMC is developing new software to improve the current online MCQ Trial Examination.
During this development period, the AMC is waiving the fee of $25 for the online MCQ Trial Examination and making the trial free.
When completed, features of the new system will include:
- Inclusion of new questions with frequent updates
- Improved feedback to users following answer selection
- The ability to access the Trial Examination using mobile devices
Further information regarding the implementation of the new system will be notified on the AMC website when available.
The AMC hopes the initiative of making the current online MCQ Trial Examination free, and developing improved trial examination software will be of benefit to AMC candidates and other users.
The requirements for the MCQ Trial Examination are:
- You must complete this examination within 83 minutes allocated
- You cannot close the browser window once you begin
- You cannot pause the examination process once you begin