How to apply
Step 1 - IMGs required to submit their primary qualification (final medical diploma) in medicine and surgery for verification, must ensure it was awarded by a training institution recognised by the AMC.
Step 2 – Create EPIC account – nominate the AMC to receive verification status updates to update your AMC records accordingly. Your EPIC ID will be confirmed in 2-3 working days.
Step 3 – Establish AMC Portfolio for processing by AMC - you require an EPIC ID to be able to complete the portfolio application. Your AMC candidate number will be confirmed by email within 3-5 working days.
Step 4 – Upload qualification/s and identification documentation to your EPIC account for processing by ECFMG if not already done as part of Step 2.
- For the Standard Pathway (AMC examinations) and/ Competent Authority pathways, submit your final medical diploma for verification.
- For specialist assessment purposes, your final medical diploma and postgraduate qualification/s must be submitted.
Enquire with the respective Australian specialist medical college which postgraduate qualification/s require verification).
Step 5 – Proceed with the pathway you are eligible for.
Step 6 – Qualification verified – apply via your EPIC account for ECFMG to provide a copy of the EPIC report to AMC to update your verification status on the AMC qualifications portal.
- If eligible for the Standard Pathway, you are required to proceed with the AMC examinations process by selecting the “AMC examinations” option on your AMC account. Once you have passed both AMC examinations, you will be issued with an AMC certificate to submit to the Medical Board of Australia for general registration purposes.
- If eligible for the Competent Authority pathway, you are required to submit a Competent Authority pathway application directly to the Medical Board of Australia.
- If eligible for the Specialist pathway, you are required to submit your Specialist application directly to the respective specialist medical college for assessment. All the colleges are listed on the Medical Board of Australia website.
- If eligible for short-term training with a specialist medical college, you are required to apply directly to the respective specialist medical college for a training position by using the form AAMC-30 Application for assessment by a medical college.
You are only required to establish an AMC portfolio if:
Option 1: You have applied to the AMC previously, and an AMC candidate number was issued but NO qualification(s) has been previously EICS verified through the AMC.
Option 2: You have applied to the AMC previously, and an AMC candidate number was issued. You have submitted qualification(s) previously for EICS verification through the AMC. However, you have to add further qualification(s) for EPIC verification as required by either the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) and/or an Australian Specialist Medical College.
Option 3: You have not submitted a paper application prior to 1 October 2015 to the AMC previously, and have not been issued with an AMC candidate number.
Option 4: You have not completed your AMC online application (Form P1) prior to 1 October 2015, and have not been issued with an AMC candidate number.
Important: If you are unsure if you should establish an AMC portfolio, please contact the AMC for assistance.
You are not required to establish an AMC portfolio if:
If you had an AMC online account prior to 1 October 2015, you are required to create a new AMC online account.
If you never created an AMC online account previously, and not required to add any further qualification(s) for EPIC verification, you must create an AMC online account to use the below features:
Add your AMC candidate number
If you have applied to the AMC previously and an AMC candidate number was issued, it is important to add your AMC candidate number to your AMC online account in order for the system to determine your application/examination statuses. You are required to add both your AMC candidate number and your date of birth.
Proceed with AMC examinations
Once you are assigned an AMC candidate number, you may proceed with the AMC examinations process. Please contact the Medical Board of Austrlia (AHPRA) to clarify if you are required to complete the AMC examinations process (AMC certificate) for registration purposes.
- View a summary of qualification(s) submitted for verification through ECFMG (EPIC and/or EICS)
Add more medical qualification(s) to my AMC portfolio
If you are required by either the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA), and/or an Australian Specialist Medical College to submit further qualification(s) for EPIC verification, a fee is payable for each qualification added to your AMC portfolio. Do NOT add qualification(s) already verified via the EICS process through the AMC, or already added to your AMC portfolio. Please contact the College and/or AHPRA to confirm which qualification(s) are required to be verified for their assessment/registration purposes.
It is important to note that all verifications are listed on the AMC’s qualifications, accessed by the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) for registration purposes, and the Australian Specialist Medical Colleges for assessment purposes.
If you have a final medical diploma (primary qualification), you are not required to submit the graduate certificate (alternate graduation document) and/or the transcript for verification as well. Research / PhD / licensure and internship / housemanship / foundation / PLAB / LMCC / scientific will not be uploaded to your AMC qualifications portal.
Nominate an Australian Specialist Medical College
Only nominate the College you will submit an application for Specialist assessment. This will allow the College to view all qualification(s) you have submitted for verification and to upload your specialist asessment outcome(s), used by the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA) for registration purposes.
Edit my personal details
If you require to update your address, contact number, email, photo or signature.
Nominate someone to communicate on my behalf
If you prefer to nominate someone to make enquiries on your AMC records on your behalf.